Paul Cardew was encouraged to explore his talents as a child by Michael Cardew, his great uncle and renowned ceramic designer, or when he later attended the art school at the prestigious Loughborough University in the heart of England. Paul first began teaching art part-time at Exeter University where he had time to develop his skills. Paul Cardew’s was asked to design ceramic brooches for Harrods Department store in London and traditional dinnerware brands like Portmeirion, Royal Doulton, Lilliput Lane, Harmony Kingdom- to name but a few. But his greatest claim was an association with The Walt Disney Company, with over one hundred designs perfected during a six year period, launching Paul on to the world’s stage. Roy Disney selected Paul Cardew as one of only a few artists worldwide to design special products for Disney’s Millennium reproduction of the Fantasia Cartoon. Paul was invited to attend the movies premier at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Many of Paul Cardew old designs are now antiques and are featured in auctions wherever ceramic art and teapots turn up. Today Paul Cardew continues to create even more interesting designs appealing to the ever changing tastes of the discerning consumer. Click on Cardew to see the full range of the Alice collections or others sold here.
- Fully wrap around séance with artwork and copy: “Image shows all”
- Four plates made of the highest quality ceramic ware, The high fired and extremely durable porcelain is dishwasher and microwave safe
- Classic Story of Alice in Wonderland written 150 years ago by Lewis Carrol, has been brought to life by Paul Cardew in this fascinating artwork
- Designed by Paul Cardew, world famous UK artist, specializing in teapots and accessories for over 35 years
- Great collector set for pretend or real tea parties of all ages as well as to display